I don’t understand those people who say “I don’t regret anything because everything I ever did got me here.”
What if “here” could be better, were it not for some of the stuff you did or didn’t do? For example:
Top 10 Things I regret from 2011
- Not using all those coupons that I’ve been carrying around that expired Dec. 31st.
- Kim Yong Il, I hardly knew ye. But now that you’re gone, looks like you were hilarious and I wish I had learned more about you or at least followed you on Twitter.
- The Groupon haircut at an obviously way-too-trendy-for-me salon that had/has me looking like an aging elf.
- Signing papers that mean my house is sold, because now apparently I have to get all my stuff out of here and find somewhere else to put it.
- Accumulating so much stuff. On a related note, using “Hoarders” as a compass as to how much stuff is normal.
- Worrying the whole time my daughter was travelling. She’s home safely, but there is no coming back for my perma-furrowed brow and irritated bowel.
- Every second spent
spying on my childrenjust looking at pictures on Facebook. I vow to stop doing that this year.
- Turning down the offer to join Seal Team 6 early last year, because the practices conflicted with my Zumba schedule.
- That time I forgot my sports bra and went to Zumba anyway. Again – no coming back from that.
- Most of the time I spent online…. yes, I’m looking at you Perez Hilton.
Lets hope 2012 has way fewer regrets. According to the Mayan calendar I got in my stocking, it’s highly unlikely I’ll be racking up my top 2012 regrets on Jan. 1st 2013.
To steal a line from numerous Facebook friends of my children this morning – “Happy New Year, Bitches”.